Monday, April 09, 2007

the story of the right thumb

=)

Right. Havent really posted an entry for quite a bit. I’ll do this one post ok? I wont be to detailed coz Im a bit lazy and I wanna do my audit k? Want details,email me or msn me.

For all of you that know, my right thumb is healthy again!!! For those who just found out that theres something wrong with my right thumb, stay tuned.

I had some growth on my right thumb for quite a bit, I think I discovered it in late August or September last year. Wait..when was my Singapore trip last year? Around middle of last year la I think. It was on the joint.(knuckle). Originally thought its okla...no big deal..but it started to slowly get bigger and up to the point that it was so damn irritating., and my thumb print got blurry. Its not a ganglion cyst by the way.

See the two lumps? Its not in the centre la…

So went to do a check up after Chinese New Year. Just for the sake of it. The doctor/surgeon recognized me. I was his patient before. Kekeke. He decided to cut the thumb open so he can check to see what it was as he also wasn’t too sure. So the operation was scheduled the next day. Take note. This all happened the first week of Uni.

The operation was close to an hour long, and I was awake. It wasn’t fun. He cut till the bone I think..can feel him moving about to get the growth out. Nurse said the results would be out in two weeks. And for the time being my thumb had to be bandaged.



The bandage was damn tight, and my thumb was numb for a bit…

So it was two weeks later, after 4 dressing changes and all that, the stitches got removed…YAY!!!



Bout 6 stitches..farking painful to remove la..

The end process slather it with some antiseptic ointment.

Ok..Story Finished. My thumbs fine liaw...need to get to work.


No comments: